09 April 2008

heartbeats and other things...

Today I went to the doctor and heard my baby's heart beat. Yay. As far
as they can tell, everything is fine. In three (3) weeks, we'll have
an ultrasound and find out (if possible) the sex of the baby. Whee!

I also had a nice talk with my doctor (I really like him) about
delivery and what I wanted. Not like a definitive talk, but a good
one. He said that really, the most important thing was not to be
married to your preferred method of delivery, since circumstances can
always change--you don't want to feel like you've failed when really,
as long as you actually have a kid, you're fine.

I'm taking that to heart. This week has been kinda hard--losing
control of your body, even if it's for the greater good of someone you
love, is disconcerting. I'm just not very good at being pregnant
(though my blood pressure was "perfect" and my blood tests came out
fine (so i don't have any STDs! yes!). I'm trying to remember and to
learn that there is no law in pregnancy--and lots of grace.

In other news, Roy had an RUF lunch today...hopefully he'll give us a
good report soon.

I'm trying to plant some tomatoes (that i haven't bought) ...I was
cleaning out the little space in front of my house where I was going
to put them, and there were several pretty, small reptiles. I wasn't
sure how to feel about them. I guess they'd be good to have and I
didn't want to destroy their habitat, but I hope they don't get hurt
in the hoeing/planting process. I don't think any of them were
poisonous. I hope it's not too late to plant.

I think that's about all I have time to say...this girl's gotta work sometime!

Oh--I really am planning on putting up links SOMEtime...and having
thoughtful posts...but if I were to worry about sounding good all the
time, I'd never post at all. My life is an endless quest to avoid
perfectionism (and find Jesus).

grace,
Emily

No comments: