14 April 2008

Baby news and other thoughts...

My baby is as big as an avocado, though hopefully not as green. Sixteen
weeks! I should start to feel it move (the quickening--doesn't that
sound biblical?) in the next few weeks. Weird. I kinda feel like I'm
living in bizarro world, but it's nice.

I just sneezed.

WE have roses growing on the side of our house. They are pinky-red...too
red to be fuschia, but not pure red. They look really lovely against our
house's white siding. And it makes me extra glad to come home. Maybe one
day I'll take a picture of it. I still haven't planted tomatoes...but we
probably have a long enough growing season that it's okay, right?

Sometimes, I really get tired of people assuming that my husband (and
thus my baby) are white. It's kinda frustrating that when people meet
only me, and I talk about my husband, they'll be picturing some
pasty-white-boy who could never ever be like Roy.

Also, someone from work volunteered to recommend daycares. Yuck! I might
not stop working, but no infant of mine is going to be in a daycare. I
saw some research once that said that all the ill effects of day care
were gone by sixth grade. Kinda encouraging, but not really. Even though
if you have to stick your kid in daycare to get by, I'm not going to get
mad at you and I'll probably tell you that research to be encouraging.
Life is hard and not everyone has the resources to make the choices that
I can.

Anyway, more on jobs/childcare later...I have to get to work!

1 comment:

Marty said...

Yeah, please don't assume that your husband is some pasty white boy...like mine...ha. :)

I'm against daycares, too. I remember hating it when I was a child. Ugh. I don't know if the effects wear off by 6th grade. But, if they are in fact negative effects, why subject them to it in the first place????

Love y'all.