02 November 2016

Hashtag quotidian mysteries

Today I have loaded and ran (run?) the dishwasher, washed two loads of clothes and dried one (and carried a clean load to the stairs), washed dishes (while listening to Stephen Colbert on Fresh Air), cooked supper [rice, frozen breaded chicken, frozen stir fry vegetables], and thrown out the disposable plates from supper. 

That's a lot for me, houseworkwise but apparently if you don't spend all day on Twitter, you gotta do something. I also crocheted four rows or so on the blanket I'm working on and kept an extra baby. So happy drinks for me! And I read a book. I think I forgot to make sure my oldest did her homework. 

I miss social media a lot (and I'm still allowing myself to use it when I'm sitting down at the computer) but even two days away during my regular life are showing me (two days are, right) that man, I was using it as a coping device, not in a good self care way but in a "man, I sure don't want to feel all those feelings" way. I'm pretty good at that, not feeling my feelings. During the most stressful moments of family life (especially those first thirty minutes home from school), man I wanted to be also out there in Internet land. Maybe I'll be able to keep baby from getting into everything now. 

This does tie into Humble Roots that I said maybe I would talk about today but I don't have the concentration to get into it after all. Maybe tomorrow, after I get 5yo's immunization record figured out. 

No comments: