11 July 2010

something I want to remember

well, let's just talk a little about Iris's evening in general, and
then get to the really sweet part:

I was folding some clothes, and she put them back in the hamper. So,
that was cute. Then she put her blocks back in the bag, which I was
really proud of, until she dumped them out as soon as the bag was
full. But she was really helpful about putting them in the bag--she
even carried four at once to put them in the bag.

Then, and this has happened maybe once or twice before, she took off
her diaper, headed upstairs, and climbed in the tub. I wasn't
necessarily planning on bathing her, even though she needed it because
I was tired, but if your kid climbs in the tub, you really have to.

But the thing I want to remember for sure is that after bathtime was
over, she climbed in my lap, all towelled, and we just started singing
her name "Iris, Iris, Iris." It was super-sweet.

Okay. That's all.

No comments: