01 July 2010

not very much connected thoughts

I'm pretty sure our aged furniture is begging us to get a trampoline.
Someone likes to jump on the rolly chair.

Someone is also 21 months today. Not only does that mean we have an
almost two-year-old, it means I should be giving birth in four months
plus a week or something.

I woke up before everybody else today and lay in bed thinking about
giving birth (especially not having a c-section), and auditing
classes. Does that make them my idols? Then I told Roy I was bored,
but he wouldn't wake up.

The way Iris's hair bounces when she's in motion pretty much defies
description, but it's really dynamic.

After a couple weeks of home again gone again, we are finally going to
be home for three straight weeks. Maybe we'll finally get to throw our
boxes out! The stinking garbagemen came much earlier than they have
been on pick up day, so we missed them.

My baby just kicked. We are going to go to the doctor next week, and
hopefully we'll find out that everything is fine and that the baby has
a specific sex. I will likely put it on facebook, but in as low key a
way as possible. I hate seeing people getting congratulated for having
a boy or a girl, or people saying that boys are the best or girls are
the easiest (or vice versa). We value both sexes equally here at the
Hubbard house, and especially since there's more variation AMONG the
sexes than BETWEEN them, all the hoopla about the sex just kinda
annoys me. Sorry...my mad social scientist got out of hand. We are
hoping for a boy, just for diversity, but certainly we will welcome
another little girl. Iris has certainly been a joy, even if I still
struggle with keeping her hair groomed.

Oh! we've sent out our first support letter from Alabama A&M RUF--let
us know your address if you didn't get a copy and you want one.
Additionally, sometimes my dad (hint hint) will put them online, too.
Basically, it's wonderful here and we need to raise money and get
prayed for.

I have to show Roy the maternity clothes I'm going to get now.

Love!

1 comment:

duffy said...

dear em, usually when your posts don't make me smile, they \make me laugh! You have a gift for writing.