22 July 2008

baby update ( a lil late) and other stuff

Iris is ten weeks away from her due date. Holy Crap!!!! I forget what
exactly babycenter.com said about her, but i think it's that she's as
large as a cabbage. I can definitely feel her a lot better. Also, I
went to the doctor yesterday, and apparently everything is going fine.
They had to prick my finger and make sure I wasn't diabetic, but I
wasn't, so that's good. She's growing and kicking a lot. I have four
stretch marks! Since Roy is gone, last night I just watched TV and she
kicked a lot then. I'm definitely starting to feel the heat a lot
more...i don't really go outside in the heat of the day, but
basically, at this point in a Mississippi summer, every time of the
day is hot and humid. Yesterday Jackson tied the record at 101
degrees! Yikes!

Roy is gone, and I'm finding that I do really miss him...but also that
it's just really boring without him. I watched three hours of TV (not
counting the news) because I couldn't think of anything else to do
(even though i could have cleaned up the kitchen or something useful
like that). I didn't want to read a book 1) because we don't have any
new books and 2) because I just finished "Their Eyes were Watching
God" and loved it and wanted it to sink in some more. So ... i just
watched TV? I got really sick of the same ads over and over again,
even though it was amazing how the food ads really drew me in. I
really did keep thinking, even though I had already eaten, "maybe i
should go get some of that and it would amke me feel happy!" but I
didn't. Most likely because I was too lazy. Pray for him that he would
be safe. They are doing a lot of manual labor--even though i think he
said they didn't have to work outside, but my paranoid pregnant mind
is still worried about him. But i'm trying not to worry too much.

We had a great ol' party for Roy Sunday night. Someone left almost a
six pack of good beer at the house, though, and I kinda wish they
would come back and claim it--I can't drink it and Roy's not here to
drink it, so it's kinda just a sad reminder. :(

Okay...i'd better get back to work...maybe Roy will post from the Bay??

No comments: