12 May 2008

busy week for the Hubbards!

Well, Roy has five exams and graduation this week, my (our) baby is
apparently doubling in size (at least that's what it feels like), and
there's a lot to do at work!

I feel (lately I've been saying that word like "fIll", not "fEEl" so
you should read it accordingly) like I had other things to say, but
I'm not sure what they are.

Oh, I've gotten to the point (the never ending pregnancy updates!)
where my belly stretches so I can breathe deeply. It's interesting.
Also, either my stomach was hurting or Iris kept kicking the same spot
repeatedly last night. It kinda hurt. I think she might have wanted me
to go to bed.

The google ads on my sidebar have links to L. Ron Hubbard sites. I
think it's funny.

Roy has three exams today, and then presumably two in the next three
days. I don't really know his schedule. I'm not sure if that makes me
a bad wife or not, but it does keep me from nagging him about school
work. and Friday, praise-the-Lord, he GRADUATES! no more school for
that Hubbard! I, on the other hand, am still not done. Maybe it will
keep me humble.

Also, somehow we managed to pay RTS so Roy can graduate. Well, really,
I think God paid RTS, because we're still eating, too. Also on the
God-looking-out-for-us front, somebody gave me much needed maternity
clothes and someone has offered us a Pack-n-play. And we had Caroline
Kimbrough over for Sunday dinner and she emptied and loaded my
dishwasher. And we paid my sister back for our plane tickets to New
York (we leave in a week and two days!).

I cooked my chicken all by myself--I couldn't find a recipe that I
wanted to us...I kinda pretended it was a pot roast, so I put
vegetables (carrots, potatoes, celery, green and red peppers) down on
the bottom of my dutch oven along with some water, and then put the
chicken on top. I think really you are supposed to secure the legs,
but I didn't have any string, so the chicken looked a little
lascivious. But I did remember to take the guts out. oh, and I poured
melted butter on it and spices, mostly rosemary and then poultry
seasoning. and I stuck it in the oven, covered, at 375 and got ready
for church in like five minutes (seriously, I finished the
preparations for the chicken at like 10:52) and hoped I wouldn't burn
the house down. Church went long, but the chicken was fine and
delicious. I especially liked the carrots! They were so sweet-tasting.
And after we were done eating, I went ahead and picked the carcass, so
we'll be having some sort of left-over chicken dish soon--it made me
feel VERY grown-up to be picking the carcass. I also spilled chicken
juice all over my kitchen in the course of taking it out of the
bag--gross! Just the thought of all the germs made me so nervous. But
I got out my clorox spray and hopefully that took care of it. So, if
you ever use a chicken in a bag, you might want to open it over the
sink.

okay. I have to go be diligent. Pray for Roy if you get a
chance...he's got a lot on his plate. but at least he's not going
through his ordination exams at the same time, like other folks we
know.

okay. bye!

1 comment:

Roy L said...

I can attest the chicken was delicious...