27 August 2008

a brief complaint:

I'm sorry...I just really do have to complain. or vent or something.
I'm just really sick of my doctor's office. I think I'm okay with my
doctor, but I'm so tired of the d*** office.

So, I slipped and fell Monday night--I was trying to be good and walk
on the sidewalk, not the grass, so it wouldn't be slippery, but there
was mud on the sidewalk and I slipped. I landed on my ankle and my
knee--same leg (now it looks like i have a stigmata on my ankle) and
am scraped and bruised, but fine, as far as I know. Aside from the
excitement that my body would have triggered, I don't think anything
could have happened to Iris and she's still moving around a lot, etc.
But I figured I should probably tell my doctor anyways. I thought I
had an appointment today, so I was just going to wait, but then
yesterday I realized that the appointment was next week. So this
morning before I left for work I called--I figured I'd have to leave a
message for nurse anyway, so it wouldn't matter that it was before
they opened. So I called and listened and followed all the prompts,
and then got a real live person, which was a pleasant surprise...until
she said, "this is the answering service. you'll have to call back
during their business hours to leave a message." I almost cried. It
doesn't make any sense at all. Most of the time you leave messages for
people when they are not there, and speak to them when they are, but
at my doctor's office, you can't leave them a message until they are
there, and heaven forbid you get to speak to a real live person! I'm
so frustrated! This compounds the frustration I'm already feeling
because of waiting so darn long before I get to see the doctor.

There should be some kind of ratio worked out--if the length of time
you see the doctor is less than x% of the time you waited, you should
get a reduction on your bill or something.

Also, because I apparently have the world's best pediatrician, it
makes my OB's office look much worse. Not only do they have a real
person answering the phone, but I can call anytime, day or night, and
reach a doctor. Like, actually talk to the doctor. I don't know how
normal that is, but compared to my OB, it's wonderful!

Okay. Sorry. thank you for listening *reading?* to me.

Back to work.

No comments: