25 August 2008

Baby update

How your baby's growing:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18
inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew
melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing
somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain
about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can
process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is
now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

and kicking me, apparently.

also, most of my maternity shirts don't cover my belly. if i'm nto
careful, i show off all my stretch marks. gross. and my crocs, whcih i
have pretty much worn every day since Roy got them for me in mid may,
have finally worn out and are makign my feet hurt. i've been thinking
i was really tired, but it's relaly just been my feet hurting. there's
also a little swelling goin' on.

on the bright side, only 32 more days until my due date... that's five
weeks, even though technically, it could be plus or minus 2 weeks. ...
our kiddo is three to seven weeks away from arriving. wow.

also, i am having a shower, and this is a craptastically informal way
to invite people, but i'm pregnant and my brain is mush. it's next
saturday, between 11-1 at mrs. leverette's house. leave a comment if
you want to rsvp and let her know you're comoing and i'll give you her
phone number. i'm excited.

okay. i need to get back to work. but befor ethe day is out i want to
mention the two yummy dishes i've made in the past week. roy-tested
and approved.

No comments: