18 October 2010

just trying to get my thoughts in order

my mental to do list is going crazy, and all I really want to do is
lie down (lay down?) so I thought I'd come over here and see if
writing it down helps. some of these are just "things to do today" and
others are "things to do before Jonas comes"

I need to put Iris in clothes for today. Right now she's wearing
yesterday's top and no pants. Now that it's actually a bit chilly (I
think Huntsville actually has an autumn season!), I'm trying to get
back into the groove of dressing her every day. Bye-bye naked summer.

I need to wash clothes, fold clothes, and put clothes away. I can't
find any of my maternity clothes, well, not very many, which kinda
leaves me stuck at home because otherwise I'd show more tummy than is
appropriate. And boy do I have a lot of tummy to show. I'm also kinda
trying to figure out how to live with my summery maternity clothes and
the afore mentioned chilly weather. Right now I have one cardigan
that's long that I'm wearing and just buttoning right before my belly
starts, and I guess I can do that for a few more weeks. But we all
desperately need some clothes clean and put away. Laundry is my big
task for today.

I need to make a birth plan. But I want to do it well and in a way
that respects my doctor. He's really a high-risk doctor and he's the
head of obstetrics at the hospital (and I just found out last night he
does pro bono work at Choose Life, the local
more-than-a-crisis-pregnancy center), so I don't want to be all like,
"you don't know about how to have babies!" Most of what I want is in
response to my labor with Iris, which, of course, was all based on a
starting intervention, so I think a lot of it I don't really HAVE to
worry about, and my main concern is having a normal delivery and not a
c-section, so really, I think it should be fairly easy, but I just
want to make it appropriate to my new situation. And I would like to
have a natural birth if I can, but that's just not the most important
thing.

As regards to Jonas actually coming, I need to pack my hospital bag,
put sheets on his three sleeping places, trade dressers with him (more
clothes to put away) (all his clothes are washed with that special
baby detergent--he's not going to go naked, that one.) I also probably
need to fix food and freeze it, too, even though I'm not worried about
us I mean our going hungry. These Huntsville people really love us.
oh, also i need to find out what happens when you go the hospital--we
didn't go to birthing classes this time, so i don't really know what
to expect--i had to ask the doctor last week where we should even go.
(second floor of the womens and childrens building). also i guess i
should wash the boppy cover. oh, and i want to get a changing pad like
the pillowy kind.

let's see...what else is on my plate? i need to go grocery shopping
(we're out of milk).

it looks like the next thing is changing iris. she's running around
the house saying "pooppoo" and "peepee" and i just looked and she
already took her diaper off.

more about her later. she's being really cute lately.

No comments: