01 April 2009

i should probably be doing like six other things

But I'm listening to Iris make up her mind to go to bed. It's more a
moan than a cry.... so far.

Turning into a cry...ooh! I hear Roy getting up to investigate. Hurray.

We went to Renaissance today, me 'n' Iris. The shopping center place.
I struggled to take apart her stroller and put it back together (maybe
we should have read that pdf of the manual Ets sent us). But I put her
in it and we strolled around. Went to all my favorite catalog stores,
and got lots of good stuff--I think all of it was on sale. I really
enjoyed myself. It's much nicer to shop with someone, even if they
can't really talk. Too bad I couldn't get fashion advice from her.
Initially, I've been against that shopping place...since it's just
more urban sprawl, more moving tax dollars away from the place that
needs it the most, and it's so consumeristic. But since I've gone
there, I have to admit, the outdoor classical music and the fountains
were pretty enjoyable and calming. It was fun to tootle around the
place with Iris. Even though it did make me a bit unhappy with my lot
in life when I went into the store and could only look at the sale
racks. But it was so very pleasant.

Sometimes I forget that I can get out of the house--even take Iris
with me to places. It was so good to get away...and fun to have her
along. I did get lost, but that's another story.

I went shopping because, ahem, we're going to boston this weekend!!!!
and I wanted to have clothes to wear. I got a tank top (green) from
Jcrew and a sweatery-cardigan thingy also from there, and a grown up
t-shirt from jjill, and some more long sleeve t-shirts and leggings
from Target. Pretty sweet additions to my wardrobe.

I also got a highchair at target! Hurray! now it can be normal to feed
Iris grown-up food, instead of having to prop up her bouncy seat. and
blank onesies. Nothing is on them.

Okay. It's probably time for me to be diligent. But I just wanted to
say, "I had a good night."

2 comments:

Heidi Renee said...

yay for bargains!!

make sure you have LOTS OF WARM CLOTHES - it's still FREEZING up here in the north east - we haven't even cracked 60 and most days we're still in the 40's!

Caroline said...

I'm so glad you had a good evening! (And I have similar mixed feelings about Renaissance.)