05 September 2008

Baby update!

I am 37 weeks today! that means...three weeks until my due date, but
also that Iris is full-term and can happily survive outside the ol'
uterus. Yay!

Here's the babycenter update:
How your baby's growing:
Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby
arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to
life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks
away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head
to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of
hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But
don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours.
Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their
children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have
been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies
sport only peach fuzz.

I also have this horrible rash. it's associated with being pregnant,
but not all pregnant people have it. But it's terrible. I have
hydrocortisone cream and benadryl that i'm taking and it's making it
better, but i'm still itching and i have weird bumps spreading over my
body. Pray that I don't scratch myself to death. I've never been good
at not-scratching, and it's even worse because I have very little
comfortable clothes still...and even fewer that I can wear to work.

We have one last baby shower this saturday. If anyone wants to
volunteer to help us organize all our stuff, feel free. Maybe Saturday
later afternoon? We still need to get a lot of our stuff out of the
way.

We do have a car seat now...we just need to get it into the car. And
our car is fixed and will run safely, too. Yay! But I don't have a bag
packed. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. Also, if anyone wants to
make mix cds for us to listen to during labor, feel free.

oh, and also, I'm one centimeter dilated. This doesn't mean anything
except that the process has started...i could have a baby now or five
weeks from now. I'm kinda hoping that the full moon (september 15)
will have an effect. I don't think I would be so eager to deliver if
it wasn't for this darn rash...I want to be not-pregnant so it will go
away!

Well, I have a lot a lot a lot to do at work, so I'd better go, but
that's our story for today.

1 comment:

Christa said...

The full moon does help! If you can walk that helps too, but watch the heat--- We will be praying for you.